Business development involves commercial research and deal-making but also requires a deep operational understanding of the business and its growth strategy. For shipper, carrier, manufacturing and government organizations to be successful, it is necessary to make informed forward-looking decisions and then act to address challenges or opportunities impacting the logistics and transportation sectors. Wave Point Consulting helps organizations develop actionable insights that inform strategies that lead to enhanced performance.
Shifting economic and competitive conditions, changing customer requirements, the emergence of new technologies and regulations are constant pressures shaping and refining your core business needs. Corporate, or business unit, success depends on a robust external assessment of emerging trends and sources of competitive strength. Strategy analysis and choice requires the creation of a set of goals that can be embraced and communicated across the entire organization and with stakeholders. An internal assessment and actionable tactics will ensure people and resources are aligned with your vision and mission.
Examples of how Wave Point Consulting has worked with clients to improve and enhance strategy decisions include:
- Analyze shipping and transportation regulatory law and policy developments.
- Business coaching for technology commercialization initiatives in the transport and logistic sector.
- Conduct corporate due diligence and offer expert litigation support services in the logistics and transportation sectors.
- Establish strategic direction and planning for integrated road, rail and ocean, logistics improvements.
- Identify and analyze industry trends in transportation and distribution to improve company margins, seize opportunities, or inform and asses policy developments.
- Perform feasibility assessments by conducting economic, market and financial analysis.
- Qualitative and quantitative market research and competitor evaluation.
- Value chain analysis and industry examination.
Wave Point’s strategy consulting helps small-cap firms, mid-market businesses, and governments make the right choices to enhance the performance of their organization. The typical executive sponsors of the strategy consulting clients we work with are the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, General Manager, VP Supply Chain, International Logistics Manager, Chief Technical Officer, Director General, National Director, Executive Director, Director Community Economic Development, or Manager of Advancement.
See our Blog Shipping Matters for related strategy content on transportation and logistics trends, gateway ports, and trade compliance issues that are be driving changes in your sector. Review our case study summaries for examples of how our business consultants have helped clients with strategy.