Reduce Infrastructure Development Risk
Time is a currency that matters. Delays in obtaining regulatory approvals can result in significantly increased costs, or a competitor securing a stronger position in the marketplace or lost economic development opportunities. The Wave Point Consulting logistics real estate practice helps industrial infrastructure developers, economic development agencies, and land use planners assess opportunities, mitigate project risk and reduce the time to market.
We apply best practices and in-depth knowledge of the policies and regulations for transportation, logistics and industrial land use projects. Examining the context and necessary linkages between transport modes and the surrounding community, target markets, ensures that the factors affecting the highest and best use of property are incorporated into business strategies to help ensure long-term sustainability.
Our logistics real estate team includes a mix of industry experts with extensive commercial, operational, financial and regulatory experience in multimodal transportation, supply chain, industrial and employment land projects. Examples of how Wave Point Consulting has worked with clients to overcome challenges associated with infrastructure and commercial real estate developments:
- Analytical support for new projects, business opportunities, and infrastructure investment proposals.
- Demand scenario analysis and estimation of market absorption.
- Identification of logistics infrastructure and industrial land use requirements and best practices for planning studies.
- Prepare a business case for logistics infrastructure or industrial real estate that maximize facility utilization, productivity, and safety.
- Perform feasibility assessments by conducting economic, market and financial analysis.
- Site selection and market access evaluation for logistics and transport projects.
- Socio-economic impact assessments.
The typical executive sponsors of the logistics real estate and infrastructure clients we work with include President/CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President Supply Chain, Director of Distribution, Business Development Executives, Senior Planners, Economic Development Officers, and Managers.
See our Blog Shipping Matters for related content on ensuring the gateway is future ready, inland terminals drive gateway growth and being big ship ready. Review our case study summaries for examples of how we have helped clients with trade infrastructure development investment decisions.