We offer economic, market, transportation planning insights and advisory services to support small and mid-cap supply chain and distribution teams seeking to lower costs, improve service and enhance the reliability of their supply chain. The Wave Point Consulting multimodal transportation practice help firms and governments improve efficiency and service quality.
Identifying key performance indicators, improving transportation procurement practices, including Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotes, freight rate negotiations, and supplier evaluation. Our focus is on small mid-cap firms without full-time logistics or traffic departments and companies that don’t have the time or resources to deal with these critical supply chain logistics functions.
Establishing customer service level to get the right product, to the right market, in the right condition, at the right time while lowering costs requires proactively adapting to shifting trade volume, changing customer requirements, and sustainability expectations. In the freight shipping sector, uncertainty is a significant factor facing shippers that rely on their surface transport providers. Rapid change in currency values, capital market outlook, volatility in freight markets, fuel and commodity prices, increases in vessel size, technology, and new environmental initiatives are all having a dramatic impact.
As multimodal transport and logistics management experts, we help port authorities, terminal operators, importers, exports, carriers, and governments take informed actions to address the commercial impacts of these changes to improve operational performance.
Examples of how Wave Point Consulting has worked with to solve client’s logistics and transportation pain points:
- Appraise transportation costs and target area that yield improvements and cost savings.
- Assess the trade-off between transportation and inventory costs when determining customer service levels. Determine economic traffic patterns and specific routes.
- Conduct freight and goods movement analysis including cargo demand, volatility, seasonality and geographical dispersion.
- Evaluate the performance of domestics/international carriers and logistics intermediaries.
- Identify and calculate the potential benefits of various logistics and intermodal transport solutions.
- Investigates root problems, contributing factors, and develop solutions that reduce transportation costs, maximize margins and improve safety.
- Perform transportation socio-economic studies.
The typical executive sponsors of the transportation consulting clients we work are Chairman, Chief Administrative Officers, Executive Directors, Directors of Transportation, Directors of Strategic Planning, Economic Development Officers, Senior Managers, and Policy Advisors. The executive sponsors of the logistics and supply chain consulting clients we work with our Vice President of Business Development, Director, International Logistics, Supply Chain Development and Distribution Managers.
See our Blog Shipping Matters for related content on how to engage transport and logistics service providers, intermodal rail and how the maritime industry deals with invasive aquatic species. Review our case study summaries summaries for examples of how we have helped clients with intermodal freight shipping strategies in your industry.