The Wave Point Consulting multi-modal transportation, logistics, and distribution practice help firms and governments improve efficiency and service quality by proactively adapting to shifting trade volume, changing customer requirements, and sustainability expectations. We are focused on lowering costs so clients can get the right product, to the right market, in the right condition, at the right time.
In the freight shipping sector, uncertainty is a significant factor facing shippers that rely on their surface transport providers. Rapid change in currency values, capital market outlook, volatility in freight markets, fuel and commodity prices, increases in vessel size, technology, and new environmental initiatives are all having a dramatic impact.
As multi-modal transport and logistics experts, we help port authorities, terminal operators, importers, exports, carriers and governments take informed actions to address the commercial impacts of these changes to improve operational performance.
Examples of how Wave Point Consulting has worked with to solve client’s logistics and transportation pain points:
- Appraise transportation costs and target areas that yield improvements and cost savings.
- Assess the trade-off between transportation costs, inventory costs when determining customer service levels. Determine economic traffic patterns and specific routes.
- Conduct freight and goods movement analysis.
- Evaluate the performance of domestics/international carriers and logistics intermediaries.
- Identify and calculate the potential benefits of various logistics and transport solutions.
- Investigates root problems, contributing factors, and develop solutions that reduce transportation costs, maximize margins and improve safety.
- Transportation socio-economic studies.
For companies to be successful, making the best freight shipping and passenger transportation decisions is crucial. Our aim is to help small-cap firms, mid-market businesses and governments make the right multi-modal transport choices for their organization to improve efficiency. The typical executive sponsors of the transportation consulting clients we work with are Chief Administrative Officers, Executive Directors, Directors of Transportation, General Manager Logistics and Transportation, Supply Chain Manager, Director of Environmental Services, Innovation and Technology Managers, Economic Development Officers, Regional Growth Strategy Coordinators, Economic Analysis and Policy Managers.
See our Blog Shipping Matters for analysis and discussion of logistics, transportation, and distribution issues that may be driving changes in your sector. Review our case study summaries for examples of how we have helped clients with business development and suppply chain strategies in your industry. Contact us for an initial consultation.